Honda Foreman Forums banner

2002 Honda Foreman 450s

5K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  mrbb 
#1 ·
Have a 2002 Foreman 450s. 7514km & 1104.3hrs

2 Questions / Issues -

After I am on the machine for a few minutes the oil temp light comes on for a few seconds and then shuts off, it does this somewhat randomly. It comes on when the engine is not even up to temp yet, I could put my hand on the engine if I wanted. The fan does come on when the machine is hot, like after pushing snow for a while the fan does operate. It also runs when I ground the blue wire coming off the oil temp sensor. Should I replace the oil temp sending unit or the fan control module? or both?

This problem just started showing up the last couple weeks and has only happened a handful of times. I am pushing some snow and I come to the end of my driveway and go to lift my plow (I use a champion 2500lb winch) and I stall, almost as if I hit the kill switch. Machine starts right back up no problem. I just replaced the battery last week, it was getting old (14 years) thinking maybe that was the cause but it is still happening. Anything else I should look at? Going to raise my idle a bit, see if that helps.

Lawrence

See less See more
#2 ·
IF the fan IS coming on when hot, its most likely the oil temp switch that is playing games with the light, so I would replace that first(cheaper of the two options) and then IF not, the fan control unit!

on my 400 I have gone thru 4 different oil temp switches in 17 yrs now and just ONE fan control unit, so I think these oil temp switches are the weaker link of the two

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.