Oil Filter Location - Honda Foreman Forums : Rubicon, Rincon, Rancher and Recon Forum
Honda Foreman Forums : Rubicon, Rincon, Rancher and Recon Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2009, 01:00 AM   #1 (permalink)
Honda Rider

I am a new (used) Honda atv owner. I am not sure what kind of oil the guy had in it, so i wanted to change the oil, only problem is do not know where to find the oil filter. Any help would be appreciated. Also, this four wheeler was left to me, i am pretty sure that it is a 02, 03, 04 Foreman. The vin # bracket is beat up an cant make it out. Is there anywhere else to find the vin on the machine. Also i think that it is a 400, how can i tell for sure.

Thanks in advance.
dkbryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2009, 10:49 AM   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

The filter is on the right side of the machine in the front cover. You want to make sure you DO NOT put it in backwards. A OEM filter has the directions on the filter (this side towards spring/motor). If you can make out the 10th digit of the vin that will give you the year and if you can post a pic we can tell you what make it is. The 400 has a plastic cover completely covering the handlebars.

07 475 Rancher ----- 95 300 Fourtrax -----88 300 Fourtrax
toodeep is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 02:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
Honda Rider

Thanks toodeep. I looked and this may be something i let someone else do until i have plenty of time to check it out. I will post a picture as soon as i can. Maybe I can narrow it down though. This machine has the ESP feature with a manual shifter located on the handle bar and a D1,D2,?? selector near the gas tank. Hope this helps until i can get a picture up. One last thing, should the front rack be level or does it slant with the front plastic??
dkbryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 03:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
Administrator

That would be a TRX500FA Rubicon. The filter is located on the bottom of the motor on that one and the skid plate has to be removed to access it. It also has 2 drain plugs, one for the motor and the other for the oil tank.

07 475 Rancher ----- 95 300 Fourtrax -----88 300 Fourtrax
toodeep is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement