Honda Foreman Forums banner

1997 No Spark.... -_-

6K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Dean Oh 
#1 ·
my bike has no spark, did all the troubleshooting tests according to the manual and any other little checks i could think of but still have nothing...bought a new coil and spark plug boot and plug..getting pretty frustrated because its a great quad as you guys know...

i also discovered that the temp sensor wire is missing ( must've gotten ripped out during riding at some point) could that be a reason why its not getting any spark??

any insight would be great thankss

#3 ·
thank you for the response....I did purchase a new rectifier but still hasn't fixed my issue.. Not sure if a cdi would do the trick? but don't know of anything else it could be...don't want to give up on this thing but also don't want to keep dumping money into a lost cause

#4 ·
Hi,

You haven't forgot about the kill switch on the left handlebar?
I know a guy that did quite some troubleshooting before he noticed that the switch was in off position.

Even if it is in running mode it could be faulty. But i guess you already have checked all that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.